Food and Wine of Northern Italy
Oct 3–Oct 13, 2023 WAITLIST
Prices based on 2 share
Board your overnight flight to Milan today.
Welcome to Italy! Get to know your Tour Director and fellow group members at tonight’s welcome dinner.
Travel to Turin this morning, then set out on a guided tour to discover the city, home to Italy’s Royal Family, the House of Savoy.
- Make a photo stop at Santa Maria del Monte, which overlooks the Po River
- Pass through Piazza Castello, Palazzo Madama, and Palazzo Carignano
- Step inside the Royal Church of San Lorenzo
- Stop to sample some of the city’s famous bicerin coffee (seasonal)
Travel to the town of Alba, which is located in heart of the Piedmont region.
- Try your hand at truffle hunting alongside an expert truffle hunter and dog
- Learn about the characteristics, look, smell, and taste of truffles while on the hunt
- Discover the importance of this regionally grown tuber, which is a delicacy used in Italian cuisine
- Enjoy free time for lunch in Alba
Enjoy a free afternoon or add an excursion.
Please note: Truffle hunting is seasonal with black and white truffles growing different times of year. Black truffles are typically in season from May–August and white truffles typically from September–December.
Make your way to Bologna this morning, then venture out on a walking tour of the city with a local guide.
- Visit the University of Bologna, the world’s oldest operating university
- Enter the Archiginnasio of Bologna, once the university’s main building, and learn about its architecture
- Step inside Teatro Anatomico, which was built in the 1600’s and formerly used for anatomy lectures
- Peruse the local fish and vegetable market district and explore Piazza Maggiore
Sit down for an included homemade pasta and lasagna dinner with your group.
Visit a balsamic vinegar villa for lunch and a tasting of the region’s famous vinegar known as Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena
Then, try your hand at making pasta during tonight’s cooking class and included dinner.
Travel to the Verona countryside, stopping in Valpolicella along the way. Here, you’ll enjoy a light lunch and sample three red wines typical of the region: Amarone, Ripasso, and Recioto.
Then, venture on to your villa hotel in the Verona countryside.
Join your guide on a walking tour of the city of love.
- Discover the sites that served as the backdrop for Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet, including Casa di Giulietta, Juliet’s house and storied balcony
- Stroll down Via Mazzini, admiring the marble along the street as you go
- Visit Verona’s UNESCO-recognized historic district to see the Verona Arena, Piazza della Erbe, and Lamberti’s Tower
- Enjoy a tasting of tramezzino, a specialty sandwich from the Veneto region that’s similar to English tea sandwiches
Enjoy free time to explore Verona, then return to your villa in the Verona countryside.
This evening, enjoy an included dinner featuring local and seasonal specialties from the villa.
Stop in the Province of Treviso, where Prosecco is produced, as you travel to Venice.
- Tour 17th-century wine cellars to learn about Prosecco production
- Enjoy a light lunch at Osteria followed by a tasting of 3 different Proseccos, white wines that are comparable to Champagne
Admire historic churches, winding canals, and picture-perfect piazzas on a guided tour of the city known as the Queen of the Adriatic.
- Explore the Rialto market, famous for its fish and vegetable stands
- Step into the iconic St. Mark’s Square and enter St. Mark’s Basilica
- View the stately Doge’s Palace, built in the Venetian Gothic style in 1340
- Marvel at the Bridge of Sighs, the link between Doge’s Palace and the New Prison
- See a glassblowing demonstration to learn about the city’s most celebrated art
Enjoy a free afternoon in Venice or add an excursion.
Then, enjoy a farewell dinner as you celebrate your trip with your fellow group members this evening.
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Tour Frequently asked questions
Both. The trips will focus on food & wine destinations around the world. There be land and sea-based itineraries.
Most trips will be for adults over the age 18, all genders. But some trips will be women only. Some will allow for children. The trips will be small from 12-15 people except for cruises.
The lengths will range from weekend trips of 3-4 days, trips from 5-7 days and longer trips of 8-10 days. It will depend on the destination and itinerary. Pricing will depend on the length and location.
Expect affordable luxury tours with 4–5-star hotel accommodations. For most itineraries, some meals and tours will be included. Airfare will not be included but may be quoted as an add-on. Pricing will depend on the tour and length. Deposits and cancellation policies will vary per trip.
This service will not be provided. You will need to book with your own travel companion or pay for a single room. There may be an additional charge for a single room i.e., a single supplement.
Vaccine requirements will depend on the destination. Some countries will require COVID-19 vaccines and/or testing for entry. Other vaccines may also be required for entry. Please read these requirements before making any deposits. voluptatibus commodi numquam, error, est. Ea, consequatur.
Yes. Travel insurance is required. It is highly recommended that you include medical coverage and evacuation.